afghangirlscifi

Science fiction stories chronicling Afghan women and girls.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rachel 4

At recess time, Naomi says casually, "so, how'd it go?"
"Ok."
"Care to be a little more specific than that? Did she succeed in beating up on you enough you told her about the Foreign Legion?"
I blush, "ah yeah."
"And so?"
"She kind of hinted around that I would possibly change my mind between now and then; but stopped short of laughing at me." And now I'm rather eager to change the topic, "and you, how did she view your plan to be an investment banker? Surely that would go well, at least you have good enough math for it."
Sly wicked smile, puts her finger over her lips.
"Ah ha, you didn't tell her. Made up some joke. What?"
Quietly, "can't tell you now, kids would overhear."
"Gimme at least a hint."
She cups her hands over my ear, whispers softly, "told her I wanted to be a professional dominatrix."
I gasp, then start roaring with laughter.
Another wicked smile, she says quietly, "you gotta learn, have more fun dealing with grownups."
Quietly I reply, "I sense you aren't saying something."
Her eyes go wide, she whispers quieter than before, "as I was talking, two things happened. One, I started to realize that's what I really want to do. Two, she was just so totally grooving on the topic, it's obvious her and her husband"
"No," I interrupt, "can't possibly be, a bore like her."
Wicked smile, "oh yes oh yes, it's the quiet ones fool you all the time. When we're walking home, I'll tell you evverrything in the conversation."
I shrug, "oh well, kinda money they make, then you'll beat me into the retirement stage."
We both laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home