afghangirlscifi

Science fiction stories chronicling Afghan women and girls.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tzeporah 4

The blog owner tells me my story must be kept suitable for children, so I decline comment on activity in her apartment.
After leaving, I ponder. She and I come from opposing groups, with a long and unfriendly history. As well, I tend to be a bit too paranoid for my own good, but not to extremes.
Even after discounting for these two known prejudices, my read is she is up to something.
But then, I shrug, what of it? I've already been walking the planet for a whole lot longer than you'd believe and I am overcome by the sheer tedium of it all. If she has a plot to hasten my demise, hey bring it on.
At this point, my cell rings. She purrs, "that was nice, when are you coming back?"
"As we agreed, next week."
"If you come back early, I promise to (censored)."
I gasp, near swallowing the phone, then, "you would?"
"Absolutely and I'd love every minute of it."
Now it sure is a good thing this cell isn't transmitting my face as I digest this. With what she just promised, there is a mathematical chance I will depart this lamentable planet sooner and not later - with a heart attack. And if not, well hey it'll still be fun.
Hoping my voice does not give away the duality of my emotions, I reply, "ok, let's coordinate our social schedules."
(So ends Part One; the blog could be inactive for several months as Part Two is prepared.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home