afghangirlscifi

Science fiction stories chronicling Afghan women and girls.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tzeporah 11

My first reaction is a bit of huffiness; no one likes being preached at. Within minutes, it melts away as I realize Karen was giving me the advice for my own good.
I follow her orders to the letter. It succeeds beyond even my wildest expectations. At first, I'm suspicious, wonder why. Then, hearing Tzeporah talk of Ottawa, it becomes obvious.
You see, most of her colleagues there were French Canadians, who tend to dislike her group even more than Anglos do.
So, in a sense I represented contrast value, doing the right thing at the right time.
I realize of course I owe a gift to Karen, yet ponder on what. It could not be something her boyfriend would either know of or be able to disapprove of. Of course, a gift certificate at the book store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home