afghangirlscifi

Science fiction stories chronicling Afghan women and girls.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Sharon 4

The counsellor steeples her fingers, takes a pedantic tone, "all right then, having heard the problem, I can suggest two possibilities. Once, you are so insecure, so lacking in self-esteem, that you send out signals. Any guy who has some big secret to hide, needs a girlfriend for cover, zeroes in on you."
"Ok, I can buy that, and the other possibility?"
"There is within you some deadly serious flaw, which drives people out to the edges of extremism."
"Now just a minute! Your score there is maybe one out of three. I'll grant you it's never been proven the smuggler did any smuggling prior to the one big offence. However, the time frame of the embezzlement has been clearly established in court. It started long before I met him. And as for the closet fairy, I now know he's been a bathhouse habitue since becoming the legal age to do so."
She smiles, "there, feel better now?"
I blush, realizing I've been had.
"Now go out there into the world, use a little bit more of that self-assertion and tell me about it on the second appointment."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home