afghangirlscifi

Science fiction stories chronicling Afghan women and girls.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Rivka 6

I was impressed by the food, reasonable price and location of Caffeine Cave, so I return next Saturday.
Cindi the manageress recognizes me instantly, "show your Reserve ID at the cashier, 10% discount."
"I thought that was just during meetings."
"Heavens no, any time you come. Mind if I sit here a minute?"
"Go ahead."
She flashes a sad smile, "that story was sooo lame. Only reason they got sucked in, at first they thought you meant a clergyman. I'm guessing you've never done S&M."
I blush hotly, "makes me a rarity nowadays."
"And I don't imagine there's a huge lineup of potential boyfriends."
"A tactful way of putting it."
"They're too fussy, feel entitled to walk into any bar or coffee house and meet a totally experienced b**** goddess type."
Drily, "yeah, so I've noticed."
"It's like starting out in the job market. No one hires you without experience, yet how do you get experience if no one hires you?"
I nod.
Leans forward, earnest tone, "I know how you can get lotsa practice, for free, with unfussy people."
"No thanks, I don't swing that way, pardon the pun."
Laugh, "who said anything about sex? Just I happen to have friends who would be delighted to let you perfect that stroke."
"I ah well ah"
"Come on now, you know I'm right. Do it your way and it's like walking around the walls of Jericho 118 times, your odds of snagging a boyfriend."
I stare off into space, ponder, "ye-ah, guess you're right. So ah when do y'all meet?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home