afghangirlscifi

Science fiction stories chronicling Afghan women and girls.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Tzeporah 16

And then the unthinkable happens. Some bureaucrat from External Affairs, no doubt driven by a sense of righteous zeal, leaks my file to the media.
We-ell, there is no photo given and it is a very common surname. There is however voluminous anecdotal evidence of the doings of my first cousin. Head of a squad of soldiers, he oversaw some 30 Russian POWs in labor of a previously abandoned as too marginal small coal mine. The file comes complete with the endorsement of the four previous Ministers that this guy is simply too small a fish to waste any investigative resources on.
Curiously nothing happens. No reporters, no knock on the door from CSIS (CIA with a stutter), no assassins.
I find myself feeling almost left out. Still, I now need all the psy energy I can muster, as Tzeporah is totally freaked by the progress of her job search. Revenue now looks to be inevitable and she isn't taking it well at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home